|Photo Credit: Candace O'Brien|
So, I decided, why not write about those things instead? Pregnancy has been completely dominating my mind, so it should be easy to get an entry or two out of it. :) And here we go. Where to start.
Today Baby has just hit her 41 week gestation mark!! So, according to the early scan I had, I have been pregnant 41 weeks to the day. And so far, it has been fantastic!
Being pregnant is much different than I had expected. I expected it to be difficult, that I'd miss my non-pregnant self and way of life. But now, my biggest worry is that I'll miss being pregnant after baby comes!! :) So, without further ado, I present to you what Pregnancy means to me.
Being pregnant is:
- Feeling energized and motivated more than ever before!
- But also taking that 2:00 pm nap without any remorse. :)
- Being continually astounded by my own body's capabilities
- Feeling a connection to all women throughout time everywhere. Feeling more female than I ever had before, but also much, much stronger
- For once, having a body that really wants to exercise and a mind and palate that really want to eat healthy
- Knowing that I'm changing permanently, but trusting that it's all for the better.
- Really allowing and trusting the people around me to support me
- Talking to strangers on the street about babies and birth and everything cute and wonderful in the world
- Being surprisingly open to it when said strangers want to rub hands all over my belly while we talk!
- Giggling (instead of being grossed out) when my little one pokes a foot out to one side of my belly
- Gagging mid-sentence for no apparent reason (or, more usually, because we were driving past a fast food restaurant and the odor of days-old oil) This was more of a first-trimester worry
- Sore boobs! - another first trimester worry
- Having swollen, numb, sausage fingers (I wish that were my excuse for writing so little, but the swelling only started recently!)
- Having to pee every 5 minutes. The bladder has no concept of how difficult it is to find a bathroom in some areas of town! ...at least one that doesn't make me want to douse myself in purel afterwards.
- Obsessing, and I mean OBSESSING over cloth diapers. And wanting to buy like 20 of every kind! Though, I attribute this to the fact that I haven't been able to buy much clothing for baby because my best friend (who just had twins!) has given me ALL of her baby clothes. So I have to go crazy over something cute and snuggly, right???
- Pseudo-insomnia, as I call it. Waking up at 3 am to pee and feeling wide, wide awake. (this is when I do most of my online cloth diaper obsessing, of course. I'm worse than Gollum and his ring. I go to www.newandgreen.com and scroll through the sale section, changing "my preciousssssss!" I'm sure it'll end soon, right? :)