Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Absolute Worst of the Worst

Fail!  I fail at blogging!

But, I keep telling myself that's okay.  It's not like I want to be a professional blogger when I grow up (haha) so it's alright to fail at it.  I think.

And I don't really have much to write, because I have post-editing mush-brain right now.  So, in the spirit of talking about what I do want to do when I grow up, I'll give you a list of all the things I've ever wanted to be in my life, in as much chronological order as i can muster.

Ages 4-10

  • ballerina
  • professional singer (never mind that I sound like a dying cow when I sing...)
  • aerobics instructor
  • chef
  • movie star
  • bus driver
Ages 11-15
  • writer (still holds!)
  • fashion designer
  • fighter pilot
  • paleontologist 
  • doctor
  • journalist
  • peace corps volunteer (for the rest of my LIFE, man.  I'm savin' the world!)
  • teacher - mostly just because I thought I could do it better than all the ones I had at the time.
Ages 16-20
  • psychiatrist
  • early childhood educator (a nice way to say preschool teacher)
  • stage actress
  • playwrite
  • international relations policy maker (yeah, I didn't get that one either)
I didn't decide I wanted to be a speech pathologist (or even know what that meant!) until I was 21.  Went into the program at 22!

In the earlier ages, i really thought I could be all these things.  I guess I'm still trying, too.  I can't just stick to one career!

Anyway, sorry guys for the off the top of my head, unedited post.  I'm over promising good new posts in the near future!  But, I'll touch back in when I can!

In the meantime, you guys can tell me what you want to be when you grow up! :)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I love random posts like this. See, you ARE a great blogger after all. I suck at it, too, btw. Don't feel bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel! But I don't know if I'd say "great." :)

    Also, you didn't say what you wanted to be when you grow up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "teacher - mostly just because I thought I could do it better than all the ones I had at the time."

    That made me laugh! We all go through these stages :) I wanted to be a lot of things when I was younger (most of which I don't remember), and I still don't quite know where I'll end up.

    One thing I DIDN'T want to be was a writer, though. That's changed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one botched entrance interview away from being a veterinarian!! Sigh...what could have been! I still dream to write a book about a hot vet though :-) ...might as well put those 10 years of volunteer work to use :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Show the love!