Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just Drive


“When all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite.”
Steven Chbosky from The Perks of Being a Wallflower


My Drive is stationary for the moment, with worn wooden floors and a few too many silverfish in the bathroom.  The windows are single paned and haven’t been replaced in over 80 years.  
They sometimes leak if not closed exactly the right way.


The fireplace is surrounded by an art deco tiled mantlepiece, and from the kitchen window there is a view of the snowcapped mountain tops.  Out the bedroom window, if I crane my neck, I can almost see the starry skyline twinkling in the distance.


My Drive is my inspiration and the location from where I write.  It is my state of mind and my muse.


And these are my excerpts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Show the love!