Friday, August 20, 2010

What it's like to have X-ray vision

Well, as most of you know, I went for lasik surgery on Wednesday.  YAY!  I can happily tell you that I'm writing this with 20/15 vision - no glasses or contacts necessary.  Unfortunately (and contrary to what my post title says), I couldn't talk them into equipping me with xray OR infared vision.  Heck, they wouldn't even implant cameras in my eyes.  Apparently all that stuff is reserved for the *military* or people in sci fi movies.  Fine.  Whatever. :)

Anyway, here you can join me on my journey.  First stop, the night after:

I had to sleep with these clear plastic disc things strapped to my face so that I didn't claw my eyes out in the middle of the night. The first night was the worst because the numbing meds wore off about 30 min after the surgery, so I pretty much went home and went to bed.  Then, I couldn't open my eyes. They were watering and stinging like terrible, like someone had rubbed an onion on them.  It took me awhile to fall asleep.

When I awoke, it was not a pretty sight:


The place where I had the surgery done gave us all these very fashionable sunglasses to be worn at all times outside.  Can't go wrong there, hey fashionistas?

By midday, I was able to open my eyes better and they watered less and less.  (Please don't mind the hair.  I wasn't allowed to shower and I had been napping all day!)


By evening, just 24 hours after surge, I looked almost as good as new!l


Now I have to go out and try my new laser-shooting eyeballs in the neighborhood.  Thanks for reading!

Amanda
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Show the love!